Google announced the mouthful known as “Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich" today. The first bullet point of their presentation was a new system-wide font, Roboto. John Gruber quickly pointed out what had caught my eye as well: Roboto sure looks a lot like Helvetica, the typeface so famous they made a movie about it.
Notably, Helvetica was the default font of iOS until Apple switched to Helvetica Neue last year. Not that there’s necessarily anything wrong with that, as Picasso allegedly said: “good artists copy, great artists steal”.
You be the judge: here’s an animation comparing the two.
Click & it will stop so you can manually cycle through at your own pace.
- dotdapple likes this
- imadesignerd reblogged this from understatementblog
- gifts-for--men likes this
- giftsformen24 likes this
- personalized-gifts-pro likes this
- ultrasann likes this
- tobiasvemmenby likes this
- 96kbit likes this
- traicyer likes this
- imdineshprem reblogged this from understatementblog
- camere-de-supraveghere likes this
- a-pr likes this
- weight-loss-meals-delivered likes this
- turkcell--fatura-ode likes this
- cougars--paris likes this
- understatementblog posted this